- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 3/4 cup condensed milk over low heat, stirring occasionally. Line an 8-in. square dish with waxed paper; butter the paper.
- Spread half of melted chocolate mixture into pan; chill for 5-10 minutes (let remaining melted chocolate mixture stand at room temperature).
- In another saucepan, melt white baking chips. Stir in remaining condensed milk until smooth. Remove from the heat; add extract and food coloring. Refrigerate until set. Spread over chocolate layer; spread with reserved chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until set. Cut into 1-in. pieces. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Candy(16)
Sort By :
maybe use 2 tsp mint instead of 3? Depends on how much you love mint.
Finished product does NOT look like the picture-and 8-inch pan is too big, makes a thin candy.
P.S. I use mint extract instead of peppermint.
I have been making this recipe for a long time for Christmas and it always turns out excellent. Someone asked about cutting it. I found a suggestion on google to use a pizza cutter and I did that this morning and it worked perfect! These are so easy to make, look great and tastes wonderful!
I was a little worried about this recipe at first because I am a marshmallow cream cook fudge kind of person. But I am glad I gave it a try as it was very good and easy to make. To spread the second layer all you need to do is wait just until the mint chocolate isn't warm anymore and the make blobs of it around the pan. Then take a spatula and gently merge the blobs together and to the edges. Since I live in Wisconsin I put my fudge outside for a few minutes to quickly set and lets just say this fudge is so good even the squirrles like it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Fudge >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Fudge >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Fudge >
- Easy Recipes >