Pairing peppermint and chocolate is a natural. Family and friends gobble up these sweet confections. —Kandy Clarke, Columbia Falls, Montana
60 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 3/4 cup condensed milk
- over low heat, stirring occasionally. Line an 8-in. square dish with
- waxed paper; butter the paper.
- Spread half of melted chocolate mixture into pan; chill for 5-10
- minutes (let remaining melted chocolate mixture stand at room
- In another saucepan, melt white baking chips. Stir in remaining
- condensed milk until smooth. Remove from the heat; add extract and
- food coloring. Refrigerate until set. Spread over chocolate layer;
- spread with reserved chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until set. Cut
- into 1-in. pieces.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 51 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.