Peppermint Candy Cookies Recipe
Taking a cue from Star Mints, I created a buttery cookie with a holiday look. This one melts in your mouth faster than its candy cousin. —Gloria McKenzie, Panama City, Florida
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green and red paste or gel food coloring
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour, salt and extract and mix well. Divide dough into four portions. Tint one portion green and one red; leave remaining portions plain.
- 2. Divide each portion into thirds; shape each into a 6-in. log. Flatten into triangular logs, bending the top of one point slightly (to give finished cookies a pinwheel effect). Assemble one large roll by alternating three green and three plain logs. Wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with red and remaining plain dough. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. Cut 6-in.-square pieces of cellophane or plastic wrap to wrap each cookie; twist ends securely or tie with a ribbon. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Candy Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC