Peppermint Candy Cookies Recipe
IN A WHIRL to find the perfect birthday dessert for December? Just turn to these yummy seasonal swirls! "The buttery mint treats practically melt in your mouth," Gloria confirms. "Plus, bright food coloring gives them a lively look for parties." While Gloria likes to form her cookie dough into wreath shapes, CT's kitchen staff gave her recipe a new twist. They created peppermints wrapped in cellophaneperfect for pairing with Julie Todd's "candy" project.
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green and red paste or gel food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour, salt and extract and mix well. Divide dough into fourths. Tint one portion green and one red; leave the remaining portions plain.
- Divide each portion into thirds; shape each into a 6-in. log. Flatten into triangular logs, bending the top of one point slightly (to give finished cookies a pinwheel effect). Assemble one large roll by alternating three green and three plain logs. Wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with red and remaining plain dough. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- Cut 6-in.-square pieces of cellophane or plastic wrap to wrap each cookie; twist ends securely or tie with a ribbon. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Peppermint Candy Cookies in Country Woman November/December 2001, p43
Reviews for Peppermint Candy Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2010
These are delicious and very easy to make. My family loves cookies and they keep this recipe handy for making these whenever they can.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Peppermint Cookies >