Peppermint Candy Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 30 peppermint candies, crushed
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Additional crushed peppermint candies
- 1. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in crushed candies and a few drops of red food coloring if desired. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55 to 65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe around edge of cheesecake and sprinkle with additional crushed candies. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 526 calories, 39g fat (24g saturated fat), 184mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (27g sugars, trace fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Peppermint Candy Cheesecake
"Great for the holidays"
"It was okay if you like a lot of creative cheesecakes, but my family prefers the old stand by, New York Cheese cake. I thought I would try it, but it didn't go over that well."