- the sour cream, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just
- until combined. Fold in crushed candies and a few drops of red food
- coloring if desired. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a
- large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 65 minutes or until center is just set and
- top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a
- wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan
- to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides
- of pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add
- confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Pipe around edge
- of cheesecake and sprinkle with additional crushed candies. Yield:
- 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 526 calories, 39 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.