Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies
Kids of all ages will want to pitch in when it comes time to roll the ropes of colored dough for these cute candy canes. Peppermint extract carries the flavor on through, so the cookies taste as good as they look.
36 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until
- smooth. Divide dough in half; mix food coloring into one portion.
- Shape 1 teaspoon of white dough into a 6-in. rope. Shape 1 teaspoon
- of red dough into a 6-in. rope. Place ropes side by side; press
- together lightly and twist.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; curve top of cookie to form
- handle of cane. Repeat with remaining dough, placing cookies 2 in.
- apart on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes
- before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 33 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.