Kids of all ages will want to pitch in when it comes time to roll the ropes of colored dough for these cute candy canes. Peppermint extract carries the flavor on through, so the cookies taste as good as they look.
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until smooth. Divide dough in half; mix food coloring into one portion.
- Shape 1 teaspoon of white dough into a 6-in. rope. Shape 1 teaspoon of red dough into a 6-in. rope. Place ropes side by side; press together lightly and twist.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; curve top of cookie to form handle of cane. Repeat with remaining dough, placing cookies 2 in. apart on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Candy Cane Cookies in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p19
Reviews for Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review