- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until smooth. Divide dough in half; mix food coloring into one portion.
- Shape 1 teaspoon of white dough into a 6-in. rope. Shape 1 teaspoon of red dough into a 6-in. rope. Place ropes side by side; press together lightly and twist.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; curve top of cookie to form handle of cane. Repeat with remaining dough, placing cookies 2 in. apart on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies
Sort By :
"These weren't as easy to do as I thought they would be. Once you get the ingredients mixed you need to put it back in the fridge because the dough is too soft to handle for shaping. Making the cookies look as pretty as the picture takes practice. The flavor is very good and they are cute....even the ugly ones. 1/2 pkg. only made about 20 cookies for me so I ended up using the whole tube of cookie dough. I will make these again sometime and I have recommended them to someone."
"I think Christmas is a wonderful time of the year., And having Candy Cane Cookies at christmas is wonderful for everyone., deb"