Peppermint Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil and set aside. In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to oil mixture. Set aside 2 tablespoons peppermint candy for garnish; stir in remaining candy. Spread into prepared pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies; sprinkle with reserved candy. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 222 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Peppermint Brownies
"I made these for my family and they raved over them. The peppermint is a perfect amount, not too overwhelming."
"Added a cup of chopped walnuts . Liked the taste, but they were a little dry and hard."