Peppermint Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil and set aside. In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to oil mixture. Set aside 2 tablespoons peppermint candy for garnish; stir in remaining candy. Spread into prepared pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies; sprinkle with reserved candy. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 222 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Peppermint Brownies
"I made these for my family and they raved over them. The peppermint is a perfect amount, not too overwhelming."
"Added a cup of chopped walnuts . Liked the taste, but they were a little dry and hard."