Peppermint Brownies Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk together first four ingredients. In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until blended. Beat in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture; stir in peppermint candies. Spread into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- 4. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies; sprinkle with candies. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 brownie: 222 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Peppermint Brownies
"Really, really, good!"
"I made these for my family and they raved over them. The peppermint is a perfect amount, not too overwhelming."
"Added a cup of chopped walnuts . Liked the taste, but they were a little dry and hard."