Peppermint Brownie Sandwich Recipe
I found this recipe in a cookbook and changed it up to fit the holiday season. The best thing about this dessert is that it only requires three ingredients.—Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 2 pints peppermint ice cream, softened
- Whipped cream and peppermint candies, optional
- 1. Line two 9-in. cake pans with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray and set aside. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Pour into prepared pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Remove parchment paper. Place one brownie layer in an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Spread with ice cream. Place remaining brownie layer, crumb side down, over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 4. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped cream and peppermint candies if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without garnish) equals 332 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC