- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in peppermint candy. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended (dough will be stiff).
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti; sprinkle with candy. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Peppermint Biscotti
Sort By :
"This is a delicious biscotti - great dunked in hot chocolate! Now that I found crushed peppermint at the store (my local Fleet Farm), I love them even more. (I always found it hard to get the peppermints crushed evenly - used food processor, hammer, etc - through the years and never had great luck.) It's a tradition in our house - just perfect!"
"We love this biscotti."
"I love this recipe!! So does everyone else that tried it. I like this recipe so much compared to other biscotti recipes that I have found and tried that I have experimented and made many different flavors. I added orange extract, orange zest, and cranberries instead of the peppermint, it's been a big hit also! I added orange extract, orange zest, chocolate chips, yummo! I added the peppermint extract, and MINT chocolate chips. I tried white chocolate chips & cranberries. I used vanilla extract, some cinnamon, and CARAMEL bits (Kraft). I used vanilla extract, lots of cinnamon & drizzed the biscotti with Wilton EGGNOG. I am using this recipe and the variations I am trying to make lots of biscotti for Christmas gifts right now. THANK you so much for this fantastic recipe."
"This is such a perfect, easy recipe!"
"For all recipes calling for crushed peppermint. I found a 10 oz. package of crushed peppermint candy. It's all so nicely sized, perfect for what they call for in this recipe. The label on the back, says....Atkinson Candy Company, Lufkin, TX 75915-0220. www.atkinsoncandy.com And to top it al off MADE IN AMERICA""