Peppermint Biscotti Recipe
Dipped in melted chocolate and rolled in crushed peppermint candy, this flavorful biscotti is a favorite. It's one of the many sweets I make for Christmas. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling YIELD:42 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in peppermint candy. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended (dough will be stiff).
- 2. Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti; sprinkle with candy. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 121 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC