Peppermint Angel Roll Recipe
“This is a very festive dessert for Christmas,” assures Holly Dicke of Plain City, Ohio. “The angel food cake makes it less heavy than many traditional holiday recipes. My husband loves it, and I love it because it’s so simple and convenient during a hectic season!”
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 gallon peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Crushed peppermint candies and additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper. Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 2. Cool 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Unroll cake and spread ice cream over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again, without towel. Cover and freeze until firm.
- 4. Cut into slices; drizzle with hot fudge topping. If desired, garnish with crushed candies and dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 507 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC