Peppermint Angel Roll Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 gallon peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Crushed peppermint candies and additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper. Spread batter evenly into pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake and spread ice cream over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Cut into slices; drizzle with hot fudge topping. If desired, garnish with crushed candies and dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Peppermint Angel Roll
Sort By :
"I made this cake with my sister but the angel food cake broke in three pieces as we were unrolling it from the towel (maybe we rolled it up wrong?). I have made jelly roll style desserts before, but since it broke up, we crumbled the cake in the bottom of the jelly roll pan and topped it with icecream. The combination of the light angel food cake and the icecream was very good. Everyone enjoyed it."
"This is also a wonderful summer treat made with sherbet - - one or many flavors."
"This is a wonderful recipe that can be used for the holidays; however, you can substitute other flavors of ice cream and serve it anytime. It's also simple to make!"