Peppered Tombstone Spread Recipe
This unique treatment for cheese dip will be sure to scare your guests silly! They'll be pleasantly surprised when they "dig in" and find that it's peppery and delicious! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Shape 1 cup mixture into a tombstone; coat with pepper. Place on serving platter. With the tip of a sharp knife, write "RIP" on the tombstone. In front of the tombstone, shape remaining mixture into a mound. Sprinkle with pepper; press parsley into mound for grass. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC