- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape 1 cup mixture into a tombstone; coat with pepper. Place on serving platter. With the tip of a sharp knife, write "RIP" on the tombstone. In front of the tombstone, shape remaining mixture into a mound. Sprinkle with pepper; press parsley into mound for grass. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Peppered Tombstone Spread
Sort By :
Fun and effective, not too difficult to make, this recipe is great for Halloween parties. My tombstone did keep falling forward so I braced it with a cracker at the back. I added roasted garlic to it and wow, lots of flavour in this one. I only used one package of cream cheese though which I believe is 8 oz and everything was fine. Leaves you with dragon breath though! Strong!