Peppered T-Bone Steaks
When I make these juicy steaks, I brush thin slices of potato with olive oil and grill them alongside the meat. I round out the meal with a spinach and red onion salad on the side and cheesecake for dessert.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 beef T-bone steaks (1 inch thick and 3/4 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the steak sauce, thyme, pepper and cayenne.
- Sprinkle steaks on both sides with salt. Spoon about 2 teaspoons
- steak sauce mixture on one side of steaks.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Place on grill sauce side down. Grill,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6
- minutes. Brush with remaining sauce and turn. Grill 4-6 minutes
- longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a
- meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done
- 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.