- marinade to each; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate steaks and
- remaining marinade 1 to 2 hours.
- In another bowl, combine salsa ingredients. Refrigerate until
- Drain steaks, discarding marinade in bags. Grill, covered, over
- medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Brush frequently with
- reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve with
- salsa. Yield: 4 servings (3 cups salsa).
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with 3/4 cup salsa equals 731 calories, 44 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 1,286 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 66 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.