- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 beef T-bone steaks (1 inch thick and 3/4 pound each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the steak sauce, thyme, pepper and cayenne. Sprinkle steaks on both sides with salt. Spoon about 2 teaspoons steak sauce mixture on one side of steaks.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place on grill sauce side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes. Brush with remaining sauce and turn. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Peppered T-Bone Steaks
Sort By :
"Everything looked good until I saw the steak sauce. Sorry, I'm a firm believer that if you are going to spend the money on good tasting beef, you must want good tasting beef. Why cover up the taste with steak sauce??? (Or why spend the money if it doesn't taste good to you?)"