Peppered Sole Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 sole fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Place fillets over mushrooms. Sprinkle with paprika, lemon-pepper and cayenne.
- 2. Cook, covered, over medium heat 5-10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Sprinkle with tomato and green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 174 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Peppered Sole
"Great recipe. Made it for my brother and family visiting - thought I was becoming a chef. I made it with tilapia fish instead of sole. Very easy to make - doesn't take long. Ken G. Amarillo Texas"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.