- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 sole fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Place fillets over mushrooms. Sprinkle with paprika, lemon-pepper and cayenne.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat 5-10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Sprinkle with tomato and green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Peppered Sole
Sort By :
Great recipe. Made it for my brother and family visiting - thought I was becoming a chef. I made it with tilapia fish instead of sole. Very easy to make - doesn't take long. Ken G. Amarillo Texas