Peppered Shrimp and Eggs Recipe
Talk about your gourmet eggs...this breakfast dish is so easy to make but just shouts "company's here"! The savory recipe came from a friend, and we save it form holidays and special guests throughout the year.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. In the drippings, saute green pepper and onion until tender. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and cayenne; add to the vegetable mixture. Add shrimp and bacon. Cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 199 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 299 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC