- 4 beef ribeye steaks (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried gound thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried ground oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Brush steaks lightly with oil. In a small bowl, combine all seasonings. Sprinkle seasonings over steaks and press into both sides. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Place on a warm serving platter; cut across the grain into thick slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Peppered Ribeye Steaks
Sort By :
"I made the rub as specified but used it on 3 rib-eyes instead of 4, so I used too much rub. They were delicious nonetheless, just a tad bit *too* seasoned. Next time, I will read the directions better. Will definitely make again. Even though hubby and I kept stating "there's too much rub on these steaks", we continued to eat all three, so tasty it was."
"I used these seasonings on some New York Strip steaks and they were delicious! Every time I've made steaks before, I always thought they seemed bland. But you could definitely taste the seasonings on these. My husband said they were better than any steak he'd had even at restaurants."