A true Southerner to the core, I love to cook—especially on the grill. This recipe is one of my favorites! The seasoning rub makes a wonderful marinade, and nothing beats the summertime taste of these flavorful grilled steaks! —Sharon Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried ground oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Brush steaks lightly with oil. In a small bowl, combine all seasonings. Sprinkle seasonings over steaks and press into both sides. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Place on a warm serving platter; cut across the grain into thick slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peppered Ribeye Steaks in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p31
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Peppered Ribeye Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review