- 1/3 to 1/2 cup coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 beef ribeye roasts (5 to 6 pounds each)
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Combine the pepper and cardamom; rub over roasts. In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, tomato paste, garlic powder and paprika. Pour half into each of two large resealable plastic bags; place each roast in one of the bags. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place each roast in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 24-30 servings.
Originally published as Peppered Ribeye Roast in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p234
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Peppered Ribeye Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review