Meaty mushrooms and a kickin’ hot cheese sauce take this simple pasta toss from drab to fab! My family loves that it tastes like a restaurant dish, but it’s made at home. —Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in cheese until melted. Drain pasta. Add to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peppered Portobello Penne in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Peppered Portobello Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review