Peppered Portobello Penne Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in cheese until melted. Drain pasta. Add to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 503 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.