- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in cheese until melted. Drain pasta. Add to skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Peppered Portobello Penne
Sort By :
So good, it definitely satisfied my mushroom craving! It doubles easily for lunches the next day. I made it for the first time tonight and I never rate recipes, but I had to for this one. I have even passed it on to my mushroom loving friends. Will definitely be making again.
My husband said this is a high-quality fancy restaurant dish. He absolutely loved it. One of my daughters, who is a food connoisseur, was speechless and then immediately ran over to read the recipe; she loves it too! I used 8 oz. of penne, and 2 8-oz. packages of baby bella (cremini) mushrooms. I used only 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. of pepper. I also stirred in 1/2 Tbsp. (1-1/2 tsp.) of flour after cooking the mushrooms and before adding the cream. Very easy, very tasty! Make sure you like mushrooms, it's definitely only for mushroom lovers.
Full of flavor. I added thinly sliced steak & a
few dashes of hot sauce for more kick. The
portobello mushrooms are the secret. Served at room temp on a hot day in Texas
I doubled the recipe & added 1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage...my husband doesn't do meatless meals!
Our family Loved It!! Great recipe.