Peppered Pork Pitas Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- Garlic mayonnaise and torn leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine pork, oil, pepper and garlic; toss to coat. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture; cook and stir until no longer pink. Stir in red peppers; heat through. Serve on pita breads. Top with mayonnaise and lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without mayonnaise): 380 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Peppered Pork Pitas
"Simple and delicious."
"Very good! I will add a bit more seasoning next time. Even the kids liked it"
"These are real yummy. I did make with the garlic mayo and carmelized onions. Whole family liked it. This is one of our new favorites!"
"This recipe is simple and delicious! I also made a cucumber sauce to go with it and I think this will become one of my families staple meals. Even my children who are 5 and 2 love it."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.