The combination of tender pork and sweet red peppers in these sandwiches will appeal to the whole family. Sometimes I also add caramelized onions. The sandwiches are especially good with garlic mayo. Have fun experimenting with your own variations. —Katherine White, Clemmons, North Carolina
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- Garlic mayonnaise and torn leaf lettuce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine pork, oil, pepper and garlic; toss to coat. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture; cook and stir until no longer pink. Stir in red peppers; heat through. Serve on pita breads with mayonnaise and lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peppered Pork Pitas in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p55
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Peppered Pork Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review