Peppered Pear Celebration Salad Recipe
With sweet fruit, a tart dressing and crunchy pistachios, every forkful of this beautiful salad is like a celebration for your taste buds! Assemble it in advance and drizzle with the vinaigrette just before serving.—Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
- 2-1/2 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 5 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 medium pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place bread on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until toasted, stirring once. Cool. Place in a salad bowl. Top with greens, onion, cheese, grapes, pistachios and cherries.
- 2. Place pears in a small bowl; sprinkle with pepper and toss to coat. Add pears to salad.
- 3. Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; drizzle over salad and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup equals 162 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC