Peppered Meatballs Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sour cream and cheese. Add the pepper, salt, bread crumbs and garlic powder. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- 3. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 259 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.