- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and cheese. Add the pepper, salt, bread crumbs and garlic powder. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Peppered Meatballs
Sort By :
"Very tasty & very easy to make. The only change I made was I substituted cream of celery for the cream of mushroom. I also heated the sauce & meatballs in a skillet rather than using a slow cooker. Excellent served with mashed potatoes."
"Made this for an extra meat dish for Christmas dinner. My family loved it, and are asking for it again"
"This is my second time making these I used them as a main course over egg noodles. I gave this recipe to my sister and her family also loved them as a main courseover noodles."
"To my horror, I discovered I was out of dill weed after I'd already made the meatballs and was halfway thru the sauce. But I did have a jar of kosher dill pickles, so I used a couple tablespoons. Very good. I also (as usual) used 1 lb soy "burger" crumbles and 1/2 lb ground beef. They held together fine."
"It was very tasty and the family loved it. I made the meatballs larger than normal because I wanted to. they were delicious!"