Peppered Green Beans Recipe
I like the tangy taste of these green beans. The combination of flavors enhances the beans, and the colors make this side dish an attractive addition to any entree. -Chet Sioda, Tacoma, Washington
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a skillet, saute red pepper and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add beans; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; drain. Stir in vinegar, pepper flakes if desired, salt and pepper. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Peppered Green Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC