Peppered Flank Steak Recipe
My mother passed down this recipe to me, and I use it often to make fajitas. The lemon juice and soy sauce give it some zing.
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Peppered Flank Steak
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2008
"This was fantastic. Be sure to let the steak sit for a bit (5 minutes) once it is done cooking so the juices can be reabsorbed."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC