Peppered Flank Steak
My mother passed down this recipe to me, and I use it often to make fajitas. The lemon juice and soy sauce give it some zing.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak,
- covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.