My mother passed down this recipe to me, and I use it often to make fajitas. The lemon juice and soy sauce give it some zing.
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peppered Flank Steak in Country Extra September 2004, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Peppered Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2008
"This was fantastic. Be sure to let the steak sit for a bit (5 minutes) once it is done cooking so the juices can be reabsorbed."