Peppered Filets with Tomato-Mushroom Salsa Recipe
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 6 lime slices
- 1. For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, mushrooms, parsley, shallot, 1 teaspoon garlic, 3 teaspoons oil, lime juice, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle steaks with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook steaks in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Combine the vinegar, broth and remaining garlic; add to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in butter.
- 4. Spoon sauce over steaks. Serve with salsa. Garnish with lime slices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 steak with 1 tablespoon sauce and 1/3 cu: 251 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Peppered Filets with Tomato-Mushroom Salsa
"WOW. made this on mothers day with my mom and couldnt wait to make it again today!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.