- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep
- Combine the vinegar, broth and remaining garlic; add to pan, stirring
- to loosen browned bits. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, about
- 2-3 minutes. Stir in butter.
- Spoon sauce over steaks. Serve with salsa. Garnish with lime slices.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 steak with 1 tablespoon sauce and 1/3 cup salsa equals 251 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.