Peppered Filets with Cherry Port Sauce for 2 Recipe
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Sprinkle steaks with pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the wine, onion, raisins, cherries and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. Combine the cornstarch, mustard, salt and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce with steaks; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 steak with 1/3 cup sauce equals 710 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 54 g protein.
Reviews for Peppered Filets with Cherry Port Sauce for 2
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.