This quick and easy side dish from Eagle, Idaho’s Trisha Kruse is as tasty as it is colorful. The mild flavor makes it a great accompaniment to all sorts of entrees—especially those with Mediterranean flair.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup each chopped sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in oil until
- crisp-tender. Add broth; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous, salt and
- pepper. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 150 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.