Peppered Corn Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Prepare corn according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions and green pepper; stir in corn. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 123 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Peppered Corn Salad
"This was nice, fresh, and healthy, but not terribly impressive. We did finish of the entire dish, but it was just good, not great."
"Our family had a cookout and everyone that tried it liked it. Great for picnics just serve chilled out of the cooler."