Peppered Corn Fritters Recipe
Cumin complements the corn and peppers in these fritters Precious Owens, Elizabethtown, Kentucky, shares.
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the corn, red pepper and onions. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cumin, salt and pepper; stir into corn mixture. Gradually add milk, stirring until blended.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 14 fritters.
2 fritters equals 243 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC