This colorful confetti rice is a traditional dish in Puerto Rico. We enjoy it in the summer alongside grilled shrimp kabobs, but it is good with most any entree. -Laura Lunardi of West Chester, Pennsylvania
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, peppers and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Add the water, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-22 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Stir in cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peppered Cilantro Rice in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p29
Reviews for Peppered Cilantro Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review