Peppered Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Minced chives
- 1. Rub chicken with oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and sour cream until smooth; set aside.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the broth, grape juice and onions. Bring to a boil; cook for 4-5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Gradually whisk in the sour cream mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mustard until blended. Serve over chicken. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream) equals 194 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.