Peppered Beef Tenderloin Recipe
When you're cooking for a crowd that really savors meat, this peppery, tempting tenderloin is perfect! It's important to let it rest for a few minutes before carving to allow the juices to work through the meat. -Margaret Ninneman, La Crosse, Wisconsin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 1. Combine seasonings and rub over entire tenderloin. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) Let stand 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Peppered Beef Tenderloin
Reviewed May. 2, 2012
"The rub provides great flavor!"
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2012
"This is really good. Makes great cold beef sandwiches."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC