Peppered Beef Tenderloin Steaks Recipe
“I found this recipe just about the time I was getting brave about using herbs and rubs to flavor meats,” recalls Karin Woodbury of Ocala, Florida. “My family loved the taste and it's been a favorite ever since.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large red onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; add onions. Cook and stir over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender and browned. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, vinegar and sugar. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Combine the pepper, thyme and remaining salt; rub over steaks. In the same skillet, cook steaks for 4-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC