- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large red onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; add onions. Cook and stir over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender and browned. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, vinegar and sugar. Remove and keep warm.
- Combine the pepper, thyme and remaining salt; rub over steaks. In the same skillet, cook steaks for 4-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Peppered Beef Tenderloin Steaks
Sort By :
I had ground thyme instead of dried leaves, and it turned out great. The thyme and pepper was a complement to the steaks, and we just loved the caramelized onions. I don't like balsamic-based salad dressings, but I loved it on these onions.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >