Peppered Beef Tenderloin Roast
A pepper rub gives this moist tender beef a bit of a zippy taste. It takes just minutes to prepare, and the meat slices well. Lining the baking pan with foil makes it a breeze to clean up, too.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Combine the pepper, oil, lemon peel, salt and garlic; rub over
- tenderloin. Place on a greased rack in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-65 minutes or until beef reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cover and let
- stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 225 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.