Peppered Beef Tenderloin Roast Recipe
- 3 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Combine the pepper, oil, lemon peel, salt and garlic; rub over tenderloin. Place on a greased rack in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-65 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Peppered Beef Tenderloin Roast
Sort By :
I have made this recipe twice and both time with rave reviews! I put whole peppercorns in a plastic bag or between pieces of wax paper and crushed with a rolling pin. A lot of work, but worth it. I also rubbed the beef with the mix and let sit in the fridge for several hours. You can't go wrong with tenderloin!
This was my first time preparing tenderloin and it was for a large crowd. It took forever to grind all the pepper with a hand grinder. Definitely would recommend getting that done ahead of time. I did receive many compliments. Everyone seemed to really enjoy this entree.