When you're cooking for a crowd that really savors meat, this peppery, tempting tenderloin is perfect! It's important to let it rest for a few minutes before carving to allow the juices to work through the meat. -Margaret Ninneman, La Crosse, Wisconsin
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- Combine seasonings and rub over entire tenderloin. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°) Let stand 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Peppered Beef Tenderloin in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p27
Reviews forPeppered Beef Tenderloin
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 2, 2012
"The rub provides great flavor!"
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2012
"This is really good. Makes great cold beef sandwiches."