- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, bread crumbs, onion, peppers, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- In an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, pat turkey mixture into a 9-in. x 4-in. loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes; drain if necessary.
- Meanwhile, combine the soup, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, mustard and remaining tomato sauce. Pour 1/2 cup over meat loaf. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Warm remaining sauce; serve with meat loaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pepper Turkey Meat Loaf
Sort By :
This is an excellent meatloaf!
This was good. I thought it had a strong turkey smell to it, but that's what you get with turkey meatloaf! The extra sauce was good but made a lot of extra. This recipe easily was cut into 10 slices, so 6 servings is very generous
this recipe doesnt need the 1/4 tsp salt. Most of the tomato sauce we have in our pantries has salt already added; plus the terrific sauce saves the dish from needing any extra
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >