Pepper provide a perfect way to perk up a plain roast beef sandwich, I make a platterful of these family favorites for gatherings with our five children and grandkids at our country home in the Ozark hills. —Leota Recknor of Ash Grove, Missouri
Recommended: 16 Grilled Cheese Recipes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 6 sandwich rolls, split
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the red and green peppers, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until peppers are tender, about 10 minutes. Add sugar; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Discard bay leaf. Place beef on rolls; top with pepper mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pepper-Topped Beef Sandwiches in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p27
Reviews for Pepper-Topped Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review